Tuesday, February 14, 2012

TIMEOUT TUESDAY

The last of the snow is just starting to clear out this way, and not before time.


With sub-zero temperatures deep freezing this part of the world, turning innocuous looking damp roads into treacherous expanses of black ice, I have returned to my trusty, if someone tired, turbo trainer.


3LC Road Race DVD To ease the pain, or perhaps as it turned out to increase it, I sought out some DVD inspiration and thanks to Cycling Weekly grabbed some copies of the new 3LC training sessions.


So I have been training with the Manx, for these DVDs hail from the Isle of the three legs - Mark Cavendish even features on the sprint DVD - and feeling the pain. Oh boy did I feel the pain.


But I have to say it has been great fun so far - much better than training on my own, and much better than taking a tumble out on the glacĂ© roads. And having Peter Kennaugh Snr tell me what to do and when, and even having him congratulate me when I finish, albeit generically, gives me a bit of a boost...


Tacx Trainer FlowSo it is with interest that today I see Timeout Tuesday at Cycle Surgery are offering up to 40% off their indoor trainers and accessories.


I am tempted to upgrade my rather knackered trainer and like the look of the Tacx Trainer Flow, reduced from £409.99 to £279.99. Not a bad discount for such a nice piece of kit.


Accessories are reduced too, so a front wheel riser from Kinetic is down to £10.79 from £17.99 and a Tacx Sweat Cover down to £15,59 from £25.99. 


Kinetic Riser Ring FixedMaybe one day I will treat myself to the king of indoor trainers, the Tacx Trainer Fortius and feel the burn as I ride up the Alpe in the comfort of my own home. But even after a 40% discount, £731.49 is an investment too far...

No comments:

Post a Comment