Wednesday, February 1, 2012

BARGAIN HUNT 34

A couple of bargains to tempt us out on to our icy roads came through to me today. I don't know about you, but I love getting out on the road at this time of year regardless of what the weather throws at me.

At the moment we are faced with icy roads round here. Now I'm uneasy about riding on sketchy roads, given I bust my hip a couple of years back, so I like to take it nice and easy, but when the skies are clear blue and the sun burns bright and low, I find it very cathartic to get out and have my cobwebs blown away. I come back refreshed and buzzing with the knowledge that these winter miles should mean summer smiles...

Anyway, I have digressed somewhat from the topic of this blog entry. Today I found a couple of bargains to make getting out on these wintry highways more appealing. 

Specialized Inner TubeEvans Cycles are offering a splendid 50% off Specialized inner tubes - and let's face it we can't head out with too many of these rammed in our jersey pockets at this time of year. Time to stock up methinks. Head over to the Evans website and just enter code 50TUBE at checkout. Alternatively you can download a voucher to print and hand-in if you are lucky enough to live or work within striking distance a store.

Offer ends Friday 3rd February.

If inner tubes simply lack that luxury edge you crave, then perhaps this offer from Rapha will get your heart pumping a little faster. My favourite brand of top-end cycling kit are offering a generous 20% off their classic Rapha softshell jacket. Having owned one of these for years I can vouch for their quality and longevity. I simply love my softshell jacket and it keeps me toasty warm and dry no matter what the English winter throws at me. It really is a fine piece of kit.

To take advantage of this offer, get along to the Rapha website, add a softshell jacket in the colour and size of your choice, and enter NEWZIP12 as the code at checkout. Be quick though, as this offer expires at midnight GMT on Sunday 5th February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment