Tuesday, October 25, 2011

IT'S STILL A BUG'S LIFE...

Norwich City Council logoSo, last week I outlined how I wanted to change the world with BUGs, or if not the world the local community at least. It seemed outrageously ambitious, but within a week or two things have already moved on apace.


I had contacted the local council to see if I could lay my hands on a bunch of their city cycle route maps for our budding BUGs. Not only did the council actually send someone over in person to drop a stack off, on bike naturally, they have invited me to take part in a consultation on revised and new cycle routes in and around the city.


The council appear very serious in taking cycling forward in the city, and I have to say to be involved in the process, as a cyclist, it is very exciting indeed.


The consultation process is already in full swing, as part of the city's sustainable development plan, and the next step is to take part in a number of consultation rides along the proposed routes.


Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment