Saturday, July 31, 2010

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS

So, the Tour finished last weekend and I was looking forward to getting back on my bike, inspired to reach new heights! But... The kids finished school for the summer holidays and the school holiday curse struck immediately; we all came down with the most awful summer cold imaginable. Now, I know the rule - if you feel OK from the neck down it's fine to head out on the bike, but this time I was too debilitated to manage even the easiest ride. Cue a week of forced rest and self-pity!

The six week school holiday posed a dilemma anyway; how to fit my usual bike rides into a schedule that revolves around three children being at home, the youngest of whom is only two years old. I devised a double-headed plan of getting out two or three early morning in the week before my wife heads out to work, backed up with heading off during the day with the kids in tow. Great, except I don't yet have a child seat, nor a bike suitable to attach one! Somehow I can't see this idea working with my Bianchi Infinito... Time to beg, borrow or steal, OK, maybe not that last one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment